If in Windows 11 you click on the search bar of the taskbar, then promotions and popular search queries for today appear in the search menu itself, which may be inconvenient for some users, as it takes up useful space.
This instruction will show you how to remove and disable promotions and search query trends in the Windows 11 search menu.
How to remove promotional news from the menu search in Windows 11
- Go to Settings> Privacy & Security > Search Permissions
- Scroll to the bottom and turn off” Show top items in search “
How to remove search trends from the Windows 11 menu search
There is no way to disable popular searches in the search menu through Windows 11 system settings . We will solve the problem a little differently, but instead it will show “ Queries for quick searches ” and there will be “ Top applications ” that are launched often, which is very convenient.
- Press Win+Rand type regedit to open Registry Editor
- In the registry, go to the path below
- Right click on the Windowsfolder on the left
- New> Section and name it Explorer
- Select the created Explorer section with a mouse click
- Next, right-click on the empty fieldwith the right mouse button
- Select New> DWORD Value (32 Bit)
- Name the new parameter DisableSearchBoxSuggestions
- Double click on it and set the value to 1
- Restart your PC