While playing the Valorant game, you may encounter the VAL 3 error code on your Windows 11/10 PC, which means that the connection has been lost.
Error VAL 3 means that there are problems with the network, IP address, the DNS servers of the local provider are not suitable, or the user is logged into the account on another device. In addition, if you go into the Valorant game and see that the skins are different, the game settings are different and then it throws out VAL 3 with an error, then there is a high probability that your account has been hacked.
In this instruction, we will explain what to do and how to fix the VAL 3 error code in the Valorant game for Windows 11/10.
1. Changing your account password
In most cases, VAL 3 means that someone else is logged into your account. This could be an account hack and to restore access do the following:
- Log in to your account on the Riot website
- At the top right, click My Accountand Settings
- In the RIOT Account Loginsection , change the password to a new one
- Next, go to the section on the left Account Management
- Click Sign out of all devices
- Open the game client and log in, then launch Valorant
2. Run Valorant as administrator
Sometimes the process in the RIOT client itself can crash due to low privileges on the Windows system, which can trigger the VAL 3 error code.
- Close the client on the taskbar RIOT client and Valorant game
- Right click on Valorant
- Select Run as administrator
- Also, try launching RIOT itself this way if you launch the game through it
3. Network reset in Windows
Run the command prompt as an administrator and enter the commands below in order, then turn off the PC and modem for 2 minutes and turn everything back on:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
4. Change DNS server
By default, Windows 11/10 assigns DNS servers from the local provider, which may not be stable and cause various network errors, including VAL 3 for Valorant.
- Press the Win+Rkey combination and enter cpl
- Right click on the network adapter that is connected to the Internet
- Select Properties
- Highlight IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4) with one click
- Click on the Properties button below
- Set Use the following DNS server addresses
- Specify 8.8.8and 22.214.171.124
- Check the box Confirm settings when exiting
- Applyand OK
5. Windows Firewall and Antivirus
Firewall and third-party antivirus may be blocking network connections, which will cause the VAL 3 error code in Valorant.
- Disable third-party antivirus for a while or remove it completely
- Next, press the Win+Rbutton combination and enter cpl
- On the left, click Permission to interact with the application…
- Click Change settings
- Check the boxes for Volorant privateand public network
6. Date and time
Check your Windows 11/10 computer or laptop for the current date and time. If they do not match the current day, then you will also receive a VAL 3 error code, since the time synchronization does not match the server.
7. Delete temporary Volorant files
- Close the RIOTclient and the Volorant game
- Next, press Win+Rand enter %LocalAppData%
- Open the VLORANTfolder > Seved > Confid > CrashReportClient
- Delete all existing folders
- Next, go back to the Seved folder and open Logs
- Delete all existing files
- Type back Win+Rand enter %LocalAppData%
- Open the Riot Games> Volorant > Config folder
- Delete the yaml file