How to Fix VAL 1 Error Code in Valorant; User may encounter VAL 1 error code in Valorant game when connection is lost on Windows 11/10 PC.
Error VAL 1 means that the network connection to the Riot Games servers or the Valorant game itself has been interrupted.
How to Fix VAL 1 Error Code in Valorant
The cause of the VAL1 error can be many factors, such as problems with the Riot Games client itself, which needs to be added to the firewall exceptions or restored, as it may be damaged. In addition, it could be corrupted files and game launch services, incorrect DNS server settings, a conflict with the Discord overlay, or a third-party antivirus could be blocking connections.
1. Run as administrator
If Riot Games permissions are restricted, it may cause VAL 1 error code in Valorant.
- Close the game and Riot Games ( If you can, then end all processes related to RIOT and Valorant in the task manager)
- Run RIOT and Valorant as administrator
2. Disable third-party antivirus
If you are using a third-party antivirus, then disable it for a while to see if the Valorant startup error VAL1 is resolved. I recommend removing the antivirus completely from your PC while you complete the methods below.
3. Add Valorant to Firewall exceptions
To fix the VAL 1 error code in Valorant, you need to add VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe to the Windows 11/10 Firewall exceptions so that the game launch is not blocked from the network connection.
- Press Win+Rand enter cpl
- On the left, click Allow application interaction…
- Click on the Change settings button at the top
- Click on Allow another app
- In the new window, click the Browse button
- Go to C:\Riot Games\VALORANT\live\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64
- Select VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exeand Open
- Next click Add
- Check the 2boxes Private and Public networks
- Click OKbelow and launch the game
4. Reset the network via CMD
Resetting network settings like IP, DNS cache can fix VAL 1 error in Valorant. Run Command Prompt as Administrator and enter the following commands in order:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
❗After entering the last command, turn off the computer and router ( modem ) for 3 minutes , then turn everything back on.
5. Change DNS servers in Windows 11/10
Automatically obtaining DNS servers from your local ISP may be the cause of the VAL 1 error with your network connection, as they may be unstable. Let’s change the DNS servers to faster and more stable ones from Google.
- Press the Win+Rkey combination and enter cpl
- Right click on the network adapter that is connected to the Internet
- Select Properties
- Highlight IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4) with one click
- Click on the Properties button below
- Set Use the following DNS server addresses
- Specify 8.8.8and 184.108.40.206
- Check the box below Confirm settingsand OK
6. Disable Discord Overlay
Users on Reddit reported that the Discord overlay was causing a VAL1 error in Valorant on Windows 11/10. To disable it:
- Click on the gearin the bottom left next to your nickname
- At the bottom, select Game Overlay
- On the right, disable In-Game Overlay
7. Do not launch Valorant from the taskbar shortcut
Many users on Reddit are also reporting that they have pinned the Valorant game shortcut to the Windows 11/10 taskbar, which is causing the VAL 1 error code with loss of network connection.
- Launch the game in another way, through the RIOT client or desktop shortcut